Friday, April 10, 2009

Live Long And.... uh....

Its not often I use the word cute.  But the other day, my mom asked me a very cute question.  We were in the car and she says "Do you know what that new sign is that everyone is doing with their hands?"  I didnt know what she was reffering to.  "you know, the one like this" and she makes a very feeble attempt at crossing her index with her middle and her ring with her pinky - making a "V" in the middle.  I almost died laughing.  When I composed myself, I showed her the Star Trek sign "live long and prosper".  She claims that everyone is doing it on tv, and by everyone.... apparently she means Reece Witherspoon.  I came home and showed her the newest trailer, and realized what an amazingly well put together trailer it was. 


 Everything about it (minus the harold and kumar guy... who kinda looks silly in a serious role and the sex scene...that has never really worked for me in a sci fi film) is great.  Take a look at it again, it really has a beautiful action arc.  (click on the entire screen and let it take you to the youtube page, because for whatever reason, they get cut off on this site)
 
I saw Zachary Quinto at a bar the other night, and couldn't care less.  But now, after watching the trailer like four times yesterday, Im quite a bit more excited.

J.J. Abrams won me over with 'Cloverfield' and in general has a fresh take on sci-fi, something a nerd like me really appreciates.   And being a nerd, you might not believe when I say I have never seen anything Star Trek.... no movies, never a show, nothing.  So, I'm excited to be able to go to this movie as a newcomer, not expecting as much as everyone else.  


And I have to mention the music.  It is so good!  I had to find out who did it, and although it took me forever, it was worth it.  It is by a company called Two Steps From Hell and the song is called Freedom Fighters.  So, do you think that they editor of the trailer edited the footage to the soundtrack, or the composer created the piece for the trailer?  I dont know. (I tried downloading the music from here but it didn't work for me... and it isn't on Itunes as far as I can tell)

No comments:

Post a Comment