Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gandalf, Pocket Full of Hobbits, and Something About a Ring...

So, today Warner Brothers released the first information about the release of the Academy Award winning,  box office juggernaut Lord of the Rings trilogy set for Blu-Ray.  If you dont have a blu-ray player yet (and I dont blame you being they are still so ridiculously expensive and we are in a recession) then just be glad to know that the movies will be available when you do take the blu plunge.  

The prince for the three THEATRICAL films (that is theatrical versions, not extended...which I intend to wait for) is $99.99 but Amazon lists it at $69.99.  
It seems an odd move by Warner Brothers to release the box art and no street date yet, but we can probably be sure to expect one soon.  

*I would like to note, that if you did enjoy the films, I seriously recommend buying the extended versions (I know it sounds crazy to want a longer version of the films....but at least try watching them).  So much important information was left out of the original theatrical versions, and as for me.... Im a fan of explanation and content.  

No comments:

Post a Comment