Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chapman

Yesterday, April 6th, was my actual Birthday.  Im now at the age where you dont look forward to people trying to make you feel special when it actually just feels like youre getting old.  (I actually had a blast... But in like...youre getting old but still can have fun every so often... kind of blast)

Anyways, we were going to go to Disneyland (not because I'm REALLY trying hard to maintain my youth, but because its just so darn fun) but the lines to get in (not for a ride...just to get in) were over an hour long.  So we went back to my sister's home in Orange and then (on bikes) she took my mom and me around her town and school, Chapman University.  

We started out going to breakfast at the restaurant behind my mom and sister (right), which was good.  Has huge servings and a nice setting.  In fact, we went to a couple restaurants over that 24 hour period, and none of them I can recall the name of.  One place, had wicked Caprihinas and margaritas, I'll have to figure out what it was called.   Then made our way through the campus.


It's a really beautiful school, and as do all my posts, has a lot to do with film.  Chapman is one of the leading film schools in California, and has been the setting for many famous films.  If you have seen: Cool Runnings, The Next Karate Kid, Independence Day, That Thing You Do, Requiem for a Dream, Donnie Darko, and (much more), then you have laid youre eyes on this campus before.


If you are ever there passing by, get out of your car, and walk around.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment