Saturday, May 30, 2009

El Capitan

So, being close to Hollywood Blvd. has perks.  Walking down to the famed street is easy to take for granted, yet easy to want to avoid.  People everywhere are buying into the touristy shops, taking pictures of anything having to do with movies, and getting ready for tours.  

I like living close because there are movie theaters down there I can walk to.   The Chinese Theatre is famous (obviously) and very cool to go to.  It also has a digital projection system (I think that's right), which makes the picture look great.

Last night, we went to Disney's El Capitan theatre.
  It is no doubt the last time I go there.  LOL. So the El Capitan theatre apparently does a show to the theme of the most recent disney movie showing.  Last night it was 'UP'.  So, we sit down (me, my roommate, and a neighbor who just moved to LA that neither of us know very well), and the previews show.... then... afterwards.... the "show" began.  

It was the kind of show you would imagine to see on a Disney cruise while sitting down to dinner.  The characters come out in Hawaiian costumes with some other young actor-people and sing and dance, even limbo....  The neighbor was looking at me like.... what did you drag me out of my apartment for?!  This?!  

Then during the movie, the entire audience (filled to the brim with children) was like a studio audience on a television show.  Every time something was cute, every single time, the entire room would "awwww".  Every time something was mildly funny, a laugh track seemed to be playing all around me. And of course, applause was necessary every now and then.  Not to mention, children talking all over the place.  

End of story, El Capitan was not for me.  And at 25 dollars a ticket, I wont go back until I have children.

This is the end of the dance show (when I realized I would need a picture so that people would believe me when I told them).

No comments:

Post a Comment