Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paying Attention to Detail

Not all movies get their names in lights.  Or a big premiere.  But all the main actors of 'Bottle Shock' have had that experience before.  
Most of them have seen the red carpet.  Their names scrolling in credits.  And their faces across the silver screen.  (Basically I'm saying they are all accomplished actors.)

But, unfortunately, 'Bottleshock' is an easy movie to pass over at your local movie rental shop.  Honestly, I would not have picked it up if I hadnt seen a billboard for it, and known Alan Rickman was in it.  It is a phenomenal take on mixing, not only culture with wine, but dry English humor with American- not so dry humor.  

I actually loved the story.  I thought the acting was really quite remarkable.  Bill Pullman has been around forever, and this is the first time I really noticed him as a good actor.  He gave this film his all.  As did Alan Rickman, Chris Pine, and Rachael Taylor (from Transformers).

I think that (especially now after 'Star Trek') it is a good time to mention Chris Pine's acting talent.  He is a terrific actor.  I have only seen him in 'Star Trek' and 'Bottle Shock' but in each, he showed extreme capabilities.  I look forward to good acting almost as much as good directing or cinematography.  And even though I think Alan Rickman is one of the best around, or that Rachael Taylor is perhaps one of the most beautiful/yet talented actresses around.... 
you Mr. Pine, are doing your job quite well and shine above the rest.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment