Monday, May 18, 2009

The Other Movies...

So I've written about what the big movies are going to be this summer, as well as what I am really looking forward to seeing.  But, we cannot overlook the "other" side of film.  The BAD movie.  

I understand that some of these movies might actually be good.  But I'm guessing that.... well... they wont be.  Nor will I rush to any theatre and see them.

Something I think is very important when it comes to understanding the good movie, is in fact familiarizing yourself with the bad movie.  Then you will be more aware of what does and does not work in film!

So, on June 5th we are treated with both 'The Hangover' and 'Land of the Lost'.  To me, neither
 of these movies look at all appealing.  Especially 'Lost'.  (no doubt because it reminds me of Brendan Fraiser's failure - "Journey to the Center of the Earth'.

A little further out comes Eddie Murphy's 'Imagine That' which sounds exactly like last winter's 'Bedtime Stories' with Adam Sandler.  

Then!  There is 'Gamer'. Which, again looks like another movie... (a movie so unrememerable that I cannot remember what it was called... but it had death row inmates battling each other to the death to be paroled).

But like I said, these movies might turn out to be amazing.  But I doubt it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment