Monday, June 1, 2009

Michael Giacchino

I didnt talk much about the actual movie, "Up" the other day, because all Pixar films are excellent and need no acceptance from me (or the general public).  One thing about the movie I want to point out was the music.  Michael Giacchino suprised me when the credits rolled.  I had always known him as the go to guy for J.J. Abrams, but didnt know that he was chosen to do the Pixar film.  Not only that, but it was not his first film for the company, he also composed "The Incredibles", and "Ratatouille".  

This new soundtrack is very memorable, as it nails the emotional scenes.

If you find you like this, or if youre interested in new soundtracks, check out Giacchino's 'Star Trek'.  That and 'Ratatouille' are both very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment