Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Film Promotion

Since I started writing this page, I began to take more interest in film as a whole. Note: I studied film, so I always have paid attention to film as a whole- but now a different aspect is catching my attention. Trailers are much more elaborate than they were ten years ago, as film posters have quickly followed suit. Just a few years ago we would get a poster or two for a movie. Now there are posters of each character, and multiples of them- at that. Not to mention, they are much more stylized in appearance and simpler than those of the early 2000s and before.
What do you think of this summers choices? Notice any similarities (focus on characters? color schemes? placements?)? Anything you like/dislike?

UP:




Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen:




Terminator:Salvation:




Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince:






No comments:

Post a Comment