Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MTV Movie Awards

The MTV Movie Awards showed the other night.  I did not watch.  And the only highlight I gave time for was the Bruno/Eminem exchange (which was apparently staged).  Reason as to why I dont care about this award show?  Lets start with the fact that 'Twilight' took 5 awards.  INCLUDING best movie!  BEST MOVIE?! There is a different category called "Best WTF Moment Winner" and next year, they should just use "Twilight"'s win as that category's winner.

This awards show is based on votes from the public.  So, saying that 'Twilight' is the winner of best picture... is almost insulting to the other films out there.  Im not saying that 'Slumgdog' should be the winner, but to not argue that 'The Wrestler' or 'Doubt' or 'Milk' or 'Dark Knight' were the best winner contenders.... makes me feel like Americans just have no clue.  And how the vampire nonsense won... is beyond me.

'Twilight' was not a good movie.  It was actually borderline terrible.  But it was a popular movie.  This doesnt make it best picture.  Every year movies come out that I like more than the Oscars top picks.  But that doesnt make them best picture.  Ugh.  Then!  Kristin Stewart and Rob Pattinson both were awarded with best performance/breakout performance!?!?!  Both of them were rather terrible, ESPECIALLY Pattinson.  Why not just award Channing Tatum early for his role in 'G.I. Joe'?  

Ledger won as best villian, but... I cannot actually think of any other stand out villians.... Nor would they deserve the win over him.

I guess, what to take away from the MTV Movie Awards, is to not take them at all seriously.  I mean, 'Bruno' basically stuck his ass in Eminem's face and Kristin Stewart... dropped her award!  A whole bunch of "Yikes".  

Although, I do respect each win, I do not agree with most.  **Grumble**, maybe I should vote next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment