Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Land of the Lost


On another note (That is no doubt adding to the lack of everything intelligent this page stands for yet is quickly dissipating from since the previous post was actually added...) tonight I saw an advance preview of "Land of the Lost' staring Will Farrell.  

Honestly, I would never go see this film on my own (and pay) but it was free... so whatever.  But after seeing it, I thought the (what was promoted as a kids movie....yet meant for adults) flick was totally entertaining.  Was it a good movie?  No.  Was it funny.  Oh yes.  

Its the story of a doctor who proves himself right about time warps and travels to a alternate universe.  The previews make the movie seem about Will Farrell running from a dinosaur for an hour and a half... (and even though the plot doesn't seem to start until about half way through) the movie has a bunch of funny moments.  And that is kind of what the movie is based on, or seems to be.  Funny moments, turned into scenes, then having some sort of plot tie it all together.  

Graphics are bad.  Acting is bad.  Story is bad.  But.... the movie is somehow funny.  The audience was laughing the entire time.  So, (Yesterday I would believe I would be writing this) I totally think people should see this movie.  Its a good stupid... take a group of friends with you-half buzzed... movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment