Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Damnit LA!

We have no money. When I say "We" I mean me, California, and most other people living in the US. When Michael Jackson died, they held the ceremony for the public at the Staples Center downtown. There was plenty of speculation about who was paying for this tribute. Would it be the Jackson's family, the city, the state, or a zombie extra from "Thriller".

Turns out, the city is picking up the 1.4 million tab. Personally, I think it is a beautiful thing that a city would do this. But not during a time when we are so strapped for cash that cuts are being made all over the place. I dont think charging people for the tickets would have been that terrible. The public would have paid it.

Anyways, it was a great show. My friends who were there said it was amazing and quite a spectacle. But now we are going to pay for it. Too bad that zombie didnt throw down...

No comments:

Post a Comment