Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jim Henson/Muppets

I had my second interview Tuesday at Jim Henson. Im so excited and really hoping something happens. (Fingers crossed!) I interviewed with my potential boss, then with Human Resources and then finally, I'll be interviewing with Jim Henson's daughter Lisa Henson.

So, when I was interviewing, we talked about the company and how it has changed over the years. And one of the things that I was not aware of (there wasnt much... I did some research before each interview - something I strongly suggest doing before any interview) was that the Muppets (Kermit & co.) were sold to Disney. Now, Henson does creatures for many movies, but does not actually seem to have a mascot. (Kermit stands outside the studio, but isnt owned by them anymore)

The studio itself is really amazing. It was build by Charlie Chaplin and looks like a small village in the woods. Its pretty cool, right off La Brea and Sunset.

Anyways, even though the Muppets aren't Jim Henson anymore, I wanted to post this fun video that is (according to Yahoo!) taking the internet by storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment