Sunday, December 13, 2009

Potter 7a

The blu ray for Potter 6 is out. To be honest... I wasnt very impressed with its transfer as the previous (Order of the Phoenix) looked stunning. But I suppose it has to do with how outrageously dark the film is. Its hard to make something look so pristine when there is so little light involved.

One thing that was great about the home video is the special features. A few of the cut scenes really could have added a little to the story. I dont usually care for cut scenes, as there is typically a reason to why they were cut. But I enjoyed these.

Anyways, the main attraction was the preview to the final chapter, The Deathly Hallows. The last book is being split into two (something I think they could have done with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th film). Personally I would cut each story into two, and make the films shorter as a whole (each is about 2 1/2 hours on average and they could be nice at about 1:45-2 hours with a bit more substance). For example... one major thing this past film left out was (aside from hardly any action) any real attention to the story. We got the bizarre love triangle... but what about more on the Prince? By the end of the story... when the prince is revealed... who actually still cares?

ANYWAYS, I digress... here is the preview for the next chapter. Deathly Hallows: Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment