Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dark Knight dethroned by Twilight

Well, the title really says it all. "Twilight: New Moon" was released this week, and already brought in a ridiculous 140.7 million. MILLION! WTF!? Like... seriously? Its not even getting good reviews!

Regardless, Dark Knight brought in 67 million opening day. Twilight went forward and knocked it down with its opening of 72.7 million and showed in 342 fewer theaters! Thats insane!

So, if the film is as poor as it is being reviewed, what does this mean? Uh... I dont know really... Chalk it up to saying that they sure marketed it well. The main actors may-or may not- be dating. Taylor Lautner and all his shirt taking off stuff. And not to mention, a well done trailer/posters/tv spots/the fact that the actors are on practically ever magazine cover at the moment, ect. ect.

So, Im probably going to see it. But not until I can go into the theater without someone behind me talking about their math homework and how division is hard then switching to ask her (or his) friend if she is team Edward or team... other guy. After that, I'll go...


Ugh... I went to go find pictures for this post... and in the comment below one of Taylor Lautner, I read this: "OMFG hes beyond hot hes better then channing tatum hot!!!" Wow... That kind of hurts my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment