Wednesday, August 5, 2009

El orfanato -The Remake

I love a great horror film. But I hate slasher flicks. They dont scare me as much as they gross me out. Good scary movies (in my opinion) are ones such as "The Others" and "The Orphanage". These are moves that scare you, something that is seriously flawed about most horror flicks today. Wait, wait, wait, youve never heard of "The Orphanage"? Of course you havent. Its a spanish film and we American's dont like to read when we go to the movies. Sure it was released in theatres, and is in the dvd/blu-ray isle, but most people steer clear of subtitles.

And that is why we get this endless list of remakes for the American audience. Because they are in english. But the translation of films from one language to english almost always looses an element of the original.

"The Orphanage" is only two years old, and was produced by Guillermo del Toro. But it is already set to be remade. It is a fantastic story, and I highly recommend watching it on Halloween or some spooky/rainy night as it is nothing short of eerie. And when the new one comes out, I'm sure I'll have something witty to say about the destruction of a good story.




This is the original trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment