Wednesday, August 5, 2009

American Heroes

So, we all knew "G.I. Joe" was going to be terrible. And if you are one of those hard core fans who refuses to believe it, sorry. Youre going to be dissapointed. I wrote a while back at my discomfort regarding the backbone to the "Mummy" franchise (not just the first... but every movie - including the one with the football playing Yetis), Stephen Sommers. Responsible not only for the "Mummy" and "Scorpion King" movies, Sommers also treated us to gems such as "Van Helsing" and "Deep Rising". So to take on a film with a serious tone to it, Sommers seems to be the opposite of what I would personally choose.

Anyways, this weekend marks the release of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" and something very unique is taking place. After tremendous marketing attempts, Paramount has decided to not screen the film for critics.

"WHHHHAAAAA?" you say?! Why would a studio do such a thing? Don't they want their summer's blockbuster reviewed on front pages of newspapers across the states? I think your guess is the same as mine. "Joe" is so terrible, they dont want critics slashing and tearing it apart.

I still stand behind Potter, guessing it to be the strongest film of the summer (though I havent actually looked at the numbers yet... so I might be sounding like a fool).

End of story... GI Joe is just another great idea pulled through the shredder.

No comments:

Post a Comment