Thursday, August 20, 2009

District-9

Has it really been two weeks since I posted something....? Wow. Feels like 4 days, but weeks and months are just flying by... so i suppose it makes sense.

Anyways, lets get some updates!

Im starting with my review of "District-9". Its a very interesting concept. Instead of a 'What would happen if aliens attacked' story, it is a 'Well... they have lived here for 20 years, and things just arnt that great for either them or us.'

I think that people who went into this movie expecting some sort of catastrophic alien attack movie, were disappointed. But those who could see it, see the messages it was sending about humanity, might take something more away with them.

Dont get me wrong, it had enough action to keep me entertained. The CGI was pretty great, I dont think Jackson would under-whelm anyone in that department.


Overall, I walked out really happy with what I saw. Was it something that will go down in time, probably not... Do I think that it will have a sequel? Probably not. But for a good summer flick that thankfully does not entertain with the same hollywood faces we see everywhere, it was a well done film.

No comments:

Post a Comment