Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How I came to be.

Welcome all!  I think I may be the last person to be creating a blog and documenting their life, but hey….. Late is fashionable in LA.  To get started Im giving a brief background of me, where I live and how I got here.

I graduated from San Fransisco State summer 2008, being known for my writing skills and ‘clear vision’ when it comes to creating film… if that makes sense to you.   Just a few months later one of my best friends and I had found an apartment at the base of the Hollywood hills and we were moving in.  We were living two blocks away from Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and next door to one of the most popular hiking parks in Los Angeles, Runyon Canyon. 

 

Runyon Canyon is perhaps on of the most amazing spots I’ve ever been.  The road starts out pretty simple, dirt paths surrounded by trees. Then, before you feel like you have started an incline, you are looking down on everything from Santa Monica to downtown LA.  Everything - Hollywood Sign, Observatory, and our apartment’s rooftop (which looks pretty asinine next to all the others with pools on their roof). 

 

Since moving here, I have had a few jobs, which certainly been a ride.  I was a PA (production assistant) for a few television shows and loved it.  Its extraordinarily hard work, hours are long,  and appreciation from superiors is…. lacking.  But it’s a great opportunity to decide whether or not this is for you.  I have a feeling that everyone endures somewhere between five to ten years of grunt work before finding the path leading into what they had wanted to do.  So, endure 15+ hour long days, work on your days off on personal projects, and get your ass out there to meet people for drinks or coffee and don’t fall asleep come Monday, you are on the right path. 

So, like I said, I moved in with one of my best friends.  Lilly, is a unique conglomerate of beauty, comedy, compassion, and is quite possibly the biggest closet hippy I've met.  She is intent on changing the world (and my diet - which was already pretty 'in the pink') and although thriving alongside her might not be the most tasty experience... I sure am loving it. 

But since starting here in Los Angeles, I have certainly come to learn that when your teachers tell you that it is a difficult world to make a living… they were making a bold understatement.  And, I say…. If you cant throw youself in and love every minute….. Go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment