Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coming Soon...

I think many movies, and believe me when I say many, are bad.  It seems that so many of Hollywood's finest, have stopped trying.  My generation is who will either empower Hollywood or destroy it.  There are so many comic books, children's tales, and  saturday morning cartoons that make fans foam with excitement, simply at the thought of seeing their favorite characters on the big screen.  As Spring is now in full swing, so far we have be given Watchmen and now Wolverine is right around the corner, could we ask for more this year?  Always. But at what cost? Is it too much to ask, for a great movie once in a flipping while? I don't understand why we continue to get these huge budget disappointments!

Anyways, also approaching us this year is the cult favorite, G.I. Joe.  Now, if you are a fan of the series and clouded by your desire to see these fun characters on the screen, you may not have thought the same of the preview as I did.  It looks absolutely ridiculous (in my opinion).  If there is no explanation presented as to why someone can jump onto a recently crashed car, hurtling - no flying- down the street, climb on it, and jump off  in order to attack or save someone.... Im out. (I hated 'Wanted' ....btw.)

Then, there is the highly anticipated Where the Wild Things Are, by Spike Jonze.  This movie apparently has been a mess since the day the camera was first loaded.  

I found this on Wikipedia: "On February 20, 2008, rumors emerged that Warner Bros. was considering reshooting the entire film.[3] Producer Gary Goetzman responded, "We support Spike's vision. We're helping him make the vision he wants to make."[4]

Academy Award winning visual effects supervisor Howard Berger (The Chronicles of Narnia) turned down offers to work on the film four times. Although the book inspired him as a child to work in special effects, he felt filming it was a "horrible idea".[5]

Anime voice actors Melissa Davis and Rachel Rivera were originally supposed to also provide voices for the film, but decided to not be involved"

So, Um... Yikes.  But!  Unlike G.I. Joe, this film has one of the best trailers I've seen this year.  Take a look, there may still be hope for this film!  Lets cross our fingers, knock on wood, and stay away from mirrors.... Ok, ok... this is Hollywood, I wont ask the last one of you.  ;)

Oh, and again... Do yourself a favor and watch it in HD.


No comments:

Post a Comment