Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You Tell Me About 3D

What are your thoughts on 3D? It is taking the cinema by storm. 3D isnt a new thing, but has been around for years. And now, we have reached a stage where watching movies in 3D is possible in our homes.

But for me, im not sold. When I see a movie, say "Coraline" or "Monsters vs. Aliens", I see a movie that is made with too many shots intended for 3D, simply to shock the audience. These same shots would look slightly odd to viewers watching the movie without 3D glasses.

These moments take me out of the story. Frankly, Im not a huge fan. And now we are seeing more and more films slated for being 3D ready. "Iron Man 2" for example.

Anyways, what do you think about all this 3D stuff? Is it fun? Something that should be reserved for animation? Or is it just distracting? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment