Monday, April 19, 2010

82nd Academy Awards


Wow. Talk about a hiatus! There is so much to catch up on! Im going to start with my thoughts on the Academy Awards. I wont go so far as to call it a mockery... But really...

It almost feels as though the films nominated are based on what the large percentage of Americans WANT to see up there. Now, do not mistake me for saying that I disagree against "Hurt Locker's" nom. I think "Locker" was a very good film and worthy of its nomination. BUT, with the ten films chosen, and the inclusion of "District-9" and "Blind Side" there was nothing for "A Single Man"? (My choice for best movie) And no Tom Ford nom for director? That is pretty ridiculous.

In my opinion, Tom Ford should have at LEAST been nominated for his movie. James Cameron is also worthy of the win as is Tarentino. But with the academy's recent adoration for indie-type films... Cameron and Tarentino have very little chance.

I think the academy has become predictable, as we had ballots to see who would guess the most wins between friends and I... and I got every single major category right. Mind you... I was guessing based on what I think would win... not what I think should. But, oh well, hopefully someday I'll be able to vote for myself, and I will have nothing to complain about.... (yeah right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment